9.27.2007

The Expert and New Ravelry Group!

The Expert
Shop goer: Can somebody recommend a color for this pattern?
Fashion Institute of Technology student: looking puzzled What's the pattern? And the gauge?
Shop Goer: Funny you should ask because I think there is something not right with the pattern. It's a little girls dress with this gorgeous smocking but it calls for size 14 needles.
FIT student: Oh, children's patterns rarely call for large needles.
Shop Goer: Actually, when you think of it, you are right, maybe it is European sizing, oh, well whatever, I just like the dress I'll make it anyway, what color do you think?
FIT Student: Whoa, what a minute, what needles does it call for? We have to figure out your gauge first and the size dress you want and...
Shop Goer: Please, I really only need help with the color, I can figure out the rest.
FIT Student: Well, it can get rather complicated with stitches per inch and adjusting for size and, well, you'd have to be a math genius to do all of that.
Shop Goer: I can't say that I'm a genius but I am a PhD in Applied Mathematics, does that count?
FIT student: gulping there are some lovely colors in a superwash over here.
- Submitted by Deborah




You too can be as cool as Deborah! To submit things you've overheard, all you have to do is send an email to overheardinayarnshop(at)gmail(dot)com!

Or check us out on Ravelry by clicking the link below! I just started a new group, and I'm psyched that people are actually checking out the site!

No comments: